This website is owned by:
- Registered name: CLUB DE MAR MOGÁN Y CIOTELM, U.T.E. (Ley 18/82)
- VAT Id: U35991256
- Address: Avenida Ansite, 3, 1º, C.P. 35011, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas (SPAIN)
- Telephone: +34 928 565 066
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any webpage. Its function is to enable the website to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies usually store information of a technical nature, such as personal preferences, content personalisation, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc.
The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs. Without cookies, the services offered by any webpage would be significantly reduced.
1.1 What is a cookie not?
A cookie is not a virus, or a Trojan horse, or a worm, or spam, or spyware, and it doesn’t open pop-up windows.
2. Types of Cookies
Cookies can be classified into different categories according to a range of criteria. However, the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
2.1 According to the entity that manages the Cookie
Depending on who manages the computer or domain that sends the cookies, they can be defined as first-party or third-party cookies.
- First-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal from the computer or domain managed by the owner of the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain other than the one that provides the service requested by the user. These cookies are managed by another entity.
2.2 According to the time during which they remain active
Depending on the time that cookies remain active in the user’s terminal, it is possible to distinguish between session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies: collect data while the user is accessing a website.
- Persistent cookies: remain stored in the user’s terminal; their data can be managed for a period of time defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
2.3 According to their purpose
Depending on the reason why the data stored by the cookie is being processed, we can distinguish between technical cookies, personalisation cookies and analysis cookies.
- Technical cookies: allow navigation through a web page, platform or application and the use of its various options or services, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing areas of restricted access, remembering the elements of an order, etc.
- Personalisation cookies: allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics in the user’s terminal such as language, browser type, region from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected can be used to measure the activity of web pages, applications or platforms and to create user navigation profiles, to make improvements to the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management of the advertising spaces that the party responsible for the service has included on a website, application or platform through which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: allow the effective management of the advertising spaces that the party responsible for the service has included on the website, application or platform through which the requested service is provided. The information stored by these cookies allows the creation of a user profile which allows personalised advertising to be displayed.
3.1 First-party cookies
Our website uses the following first-party cookies:
- THeCONSENT: remembers the acceptance of our cookies policy to avoid displaying the cookies banner on all pages of the site.
- _icl_current_language: stores the language currently being used on the page.
- wordpress_test_cookie: checks whether the site can store cookies.
- Piwik Cookies: This website uses Piwik to analyse visits to the site in order to make improvements. It counts the number of visits, which pages are most visited, from which devices the site is accessed, and so on. The purpose of gathering this information is to know how users use the site, so that we can adapt to their needs and improve their browsing experience.
- This site does not use any cookies for advertising purposes.
|_icl_current_language (*)||www.hotelpuertodemogan.com||Session||Stores the language in which the page is currently displayed.|
|_icl_current_language (*)||www.hotelpuertodemogan.com||Session||Check whether cookies can be stored.|
|_pk_id.*||www.hotelpuertodemogan.com||1 year (approx.)||Analysis of site visits with Piwik. This tells us about the origin of the visits, their duration, if the site works correctly, and so on.|
|_pk_ses.*||www.hotelpuertodemogan.com||Session||Measures the duration of the visit, which pages of the site have been visited by each user, and so on.|
3.2 Third-party cookies
This website uses the following third-party services: Google Analytics and YouTube (*), owned by Google, Inc; and the booking engine owned by Dingus Spain S.L.
The Google Analytics service allows us to analyse users’ use of the website.
The YouTube service allows us to show videos of our establishment uploaded on our channel on that platform.
If you visit our website and are registered with your Google ID in any of its services, YouTube will use that information to personalise your browsing experience when accessing its services.
The booking engine allows you to make reservations at our establishment through your browser.
|Google Analytics Cookies|
|_ga||.hotelpuertodemogan.com||2 years (approx.)||Google Analitycs; for more information, consult their Data Protection Policy.|
|_gid||.hotelpuertodemogan.com||1 day||Google Analitycs; for more information, consult their Data Protection Policy|
|_gat_gtag_*||.hotelpuertodemogan.com||Session||Google Analitycs; for more information, consult their Data Protection Policy|
|APISID||Youtube||2 years (approx.)||Only if you are registered with your Google ID. Personalise your preferences when viewing YouTube videos embedded in our website. For more information, consult the Google Cookies Policy.|
|CONSENT||Youtube||18 years (approx.)||Only if you are registered with your Google ID. Personalise your preferences when viewing YouTube videos embedded in our website. For more information, consult the Google Cookies Policy.|
|HSID||Youtube||2 years (approx.)||Only if you are registered with your Google ID. Personalise your preferences when viewing YouTube videos embedded in our website. For more information, consult the Google Cookies Policy.|
|PREF||Youtube||1 year (approx.)|
|SAPISID||Youtube||2 years (approx.)|
|SID||Youtube||2 years (approx.)|
|SSID||Youtube||2 years (approx.)|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Youtube||15 days (approx.)|
|Booking engine cookies|
|_ga||.bookingweb.es||2 years (approx.)||Identifier used by the booking engine.|
|_gat||.bookingweb.es||Session||Indicator used by the booking engine.|
|_gid||.bookingweb.es||1 day||Identifier used by the booking engine.|
|django_language||hotelesthe.bookingweb.es||1 year||Between sessions, stores the last language in which you visited the site.|
|selected_currency||hotelesthe.bookingweb.es||Session||Between sessions, stores the currency in which prices are presented.|
|sessionid||hotelesthe.bookingweb.es||15 days||Identify your visits to improve your navigation on the site.|
4. Cookie settings
- Mozilla Firefox: Cookies: information that websites store on your computer and Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences.
- Google Chrome: Delete, enable and manage cookies.
- Internet Explorer: Delete and manage cookies.
- Opera: Opera Help: Cookies.
- Safari: Safari for macOS Sierra: Manage cookies and website data with Safari and Delete Safari history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.